Dancer Recruitment for Oregon Ballet Theatre’s 2022/23 Season
OBT is planning a full 2022/23 season and will be offering AGMA contracts and recruiting professional dancers at all levels. The next auditions will be held in San Francisco and in Chicago in mid-March. Auditions are by invitation only. Additional information and details will be supplied to those selected to audition.
Oregon Ballet Theatre supports the International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines. If you are interested in auditioning for next season, please submit the following material to Auditions@OBT.org
Please read the submission guidelines carefully as Email applications missing any of these materials will not be considered.
- A video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight fitting dance attire for men. Video should include:
- A short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- A short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- Performance video is acceptable, as long as the auditioner is clearly notated
- Accepted formats for video: YouTube and Vimeo links
- Provide passwords for links as necessary
- 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
- Accepted formats: jpg, .pdf files
Dancers who are offered a contract must provide proof of US Citizenship or valid documentation to legally work within the United States for the length of the contract.
No phone calls, please.
All dancers who are chosen for in-person audtions MUST show proof of current COVID vaccination status. Dancers will also be required to audition wearing a mask.