Dancer Auditions for Oregon Ballet Theatre’s 2020/21 Season
March 8, 2020 in New York
Auditions are by invitation only.
Applications must be received no later than February 15, 2020
All applicants will be notified about whether they will be invited to audition by February 18, 2020.
Oregon Ballet Theatre supports the International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines. If you are interested in auditioning for next season, please submit the following material to Auditions@OBT.org
- A video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight fitting dance attire for men. Video should include:
- A short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- A short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- Performance video is acceptable, as long as the auditioner is clearly notated
- Accepted formats for video: YouTube and Vimeo links
- Provide passwords for links as necessary
- Head shot
- 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
- Accepted formats: jpg, .pdf files
Email applications missing any of these materials will not be considered.
Dancers who are offered a contract must provide proof of US Citizenship or valid documentation to legally work within the United States for the length of the contract.
No phone calls, please.