Dancer Auditions for Oregon Ballet Theatre’s 2020/21 Season
March 8, 2020 in New York
Auditions are by invitation only.
Auditions applications for the 20/21 season are now longer being accepted. If you have sent in your audition materials and have not heard back, we thank you for your patience, you will get a response by Feb. 21.
Oregon Ballet Theatre supports the International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines. If you are interested in auditioning for next season, please submit the following material to Auditions@OBT.org
- A video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight fitting dance attire for men. Video should include:
- A short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- A short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- Performance video is acceptable, as long as the auditioner is clearly notated
- Accepted formats for video: YouTube and Vimeo links
- Provide passwords for links as necessary
- Head shot
- 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
- Accepted formats: jpg, .pdf files
Email applications missing any of these materials will not be considered.
Dancers who are offered a contract must provide proof of US Citizenship or valid documentation to legally work within the United States for the length of the contract.
No phone calls, please.