Dancer Recruitment for Oregon Ballet Theatre’s 2024/25 Season
OBT is planning a full 2024/25 season and will be offering AGMA contracts and recruiting professional dancers at all levels. We are seeking highly trained dancers experienced in both classical and contemporary repertoire. Auditions are by invitation only.
To be invited to audition in person on Jan. 6, applicants must first submit a headshot, resume with references, and a video that includes classwork as well as performances of both classical and contemporary repertoire to firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials must be submitted by December 24, 2023.
Oregon Ballet Theatre supports the International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines.
Company auditions for the 2024-2025 Season will be held in Portland on Saturday, Jan. 6, 2024 from 1:30 – 4:30 pm.
Additional information and details will be supplied to those selected to audition.
Please submit the following material to email@example.com
Please read the submission guidelines carefully as Email applications missing any of these materials will not be considered.
- A video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight fitting dance attire for men. Video should include:
- A short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- A short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- Performance video is acceptable, as long as the auditioner is clearly notated
- Accepted formats for video: YouTube and Vimeo links
- Provide passwords for links as necessary
- 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
- Accepted formats: jpg, .pdf files
Dancers who are offered a contract must provide proof of US Citizenship or valid documentation to legally work within the United States for the length of the contract.
No phone calls, please.
For Orchestra auditions, please follow this LINK for instructions