Dancer Recruitment for Oregon Ballet Theatre’s 2021/22 Season
OBT is planning a full 2021/22 season and will be offering AGMA contracts and recruiting professional dancers at all levels. Auditions are by invitation only.
Oregon Ballet Theatre supports the International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines. If you are interested in auditioning for next season, please submit the following material to Auditions@OBT.org
Please read the submission guidelines carefully as Email applications missing any of these materials will not be considered.
- A video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight fitting dance attire for men. Video should include:
- A short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- A short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- Performance video is acceptable, as long as the auditioner is clearly notated
- Accepted formats for video: YouTube and Vimeo links
- Provide passwords for links as necessary
- 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
- Accepted formats: jpg, .pdf files
Dancers who are offered a contract must provide proof of US Citizenship or valid documentation to legally work within the United States for the length of the contract.
No phone calls, please.