OBT will hold orchestra auditions for the following positions, dates tbd and posted at least 60 days in advance
- Tutti First Violin, chair 5 – core
- Tutti First Violin, chair 10 – expanded core
- Tutti Second Violin, chair 7 – expanded core Download violin excerpts HERE
- Tutti Cello, chair 5 – expanded core – Download cello excerpts HERE
- Second Bassoon – Download bassoon excerpts HERE
- Principal Keyboard – Download keyboard excerpts HERE
- Principal Trumpet – Download trumpet excerpts HERE
- Principal Tuba – Download tuba excerpts HERE
Bookmark this webpage as information will be updated as soon as it is available. To express interest in auditioning for an open position, please send a one page resume with your current contact info to:
Oregon Ballet Theatre
ATTN: Orchestra Personnel Manager
0720 SW Bancroft St.
Portland, OR 97239
If you are a violinist, please specify the position(s) for which you wish to be considered.
No phone calls please.
Should a current OBT musician win the audition, the resulting vacancy may be offered to a runner-up.
OBT Orchestra is a per service orchestra and is used in at least two productions (including Nutcracker) per season.