OBT will hold orchestra auditions for the following positions, dates TBD and posted at least 60 days in advance
- Tutti First Violin, chair 5 – core
- Tutti First Violin, chair 10 – expanded core
- Tutti Second Violin, chair 7 – expanded core Download violin excerpts HERE
- Tutti Cello, chair 5 – expanded core – Download cello excerpts HERE
- Second Bassoon – Download bassoon excerpts HERE
- Principal Keyboard – Download keyboard excerpts HERE
- Principal Trumpet – Download trumpet excerpts HERE
- Principal Tuba – Download tuba excerpts HERE
Instrumentalists please follow these instructions
Bookmark this webpage as information will be updated as soon as it is available. To express interest in auditioning for an open position, please send a one page resume with your current contact info to:
Oregon Ballet Theatre
ATTN: Orchestra Personnel Manager
0720 SW Bancroft St.
Portland, OR 97239
If you are a violinist, please specify the position(s) for which you wish to be considered.
No phone calls please.
Should a current OBT musician win the audition, the resulting vacancy may be offered to a runner-up.
OBT Orchestra is a per service orchestra and is used in at least two productions (including Nutcracker) per season.