POSITIONThe School Receptionist is responsible for the school’s daily front-of-building functions at approximately 25 hours per week.
Schedule and work hours are governed by class instruction and production schedules, consisting of 4:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and 8:15 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Saturdays during the Annual Session (September-early June). During our Summer Programming 3:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and 8:15 a.m.–1:30 p.m. on Saturdays in the Summer (mid-June-mid-August). Hours vary depending on regular staff schedules and substitute needs. Employment is for 46 weeks (about 11 non-consecutive months) of the year.
The School Receptionist must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at levels determined by the School Director/Manager. The School Receptionist reports to the School Director/Manager and may be assigned tasks by the School Director and School Registrar.
RESPONSIBILITIESFunctional areas of Marketing and Sales:
- Positive professional relations with all staff, students, and family members of students.
- Greet students, families, and visitors, answer telephone, take messages and deliver them in a timely manner.
- Responsible for managing School e-mail account and voicemail; replying and delegating as necessary.
- Assist students and families with enrolling in classes, ensuring prospective students have completed the appropriate enrollment forms and said paperwork is archived in the correct database.
- Schedule and coordinate placement classes and send results.
- Process audition results, coordinate video auditions, and send notification.
- Maintain accurate record keeping and ensure protection and security of files and records.
- Oversee sale of and inventory on School merchandise.
- Assist in implementing all OBT School policies and procedures.
- Monitor main entrance.
- Open and close the building which includes school facilities, secure building daily at conclusion of school classes and programs.
- Monitor minor students entering and exiting the studio, ensuring students leave the building with the correct adult.
- Assist younger students with getting prepared and lining up for class.
- Student behavior management within OBT School facility before, during and after classes.
- Assist with events as requested and when available.
QUALIFICATIONS1-2 years in an office or school administration setting; high school diploma or equivalent; at least 18 years old; proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Google Drive; excellent communication and problem-solving skills; strong attention to detail and accuracy; ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment; comfortable with direct and extended interfacing with students, primarily ages 3-22. QuickBooks and Mindbody software ideal.
Candidates must be able to pass a thorough background check. While not required, successful candidates will have specific experience within dance and the arts. Must have current COVID vaccinations, including boosters, as eligible. A full job description can be obtained on the OBT website.