OBT L.A.B. (Learn About Ballet) | K-2
Fully-Funded Dance Integration Program for Your School
This fully grant funded program has been in existence since 2006, and served over 35 Title I schools. OBT L.A.B. has partnered with schools in Beaverton School District, Centennial School District, David Douglas School District, Gresham-Barlow School District, Parkrose School District, Portland Public School District, and Reynolds School District.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in learning more or bringing OBT L.A.B. to your Title I school.
OBT L.A.B. GOALS:
- To provide access for students and schools who are interested in dance/arts learning.
- To engage students in kinesthetic learning of curriculum, especially in Science, Language Arts and SEL learning.
- To deepen student’s understanding and awareness of their body as a tool for communication.
- To serve as a resource for classroom teachers.
- To bring movement and fun to students and teachers!
- A creative movement residency with an OBT teaching artist
- Ten sessions for each kindergarten, first, second grade class
- Dance curriculum that supports classroom learning
- Field trips to OBT Student Performance Series
- Field trip to OBT Studios to see dancers training, costumes in the making, other behind-the-scenes elements
- Transportation paid by OBT
- Access to Dance Snacks videos
- Planning meeting with classroom teachers and teaching artists
- Open space and scheduling for dance residency (ie. gym, multi-purpose room, etc)
- Classroom teachers complete initial survey at beginning and feedback survey at end of program
- Teacher participation in dance residency (participation comes in many forms)
- Scheduling of school buses to OBT field trips (invoice OBT for payment)