PhotoArt Encounter | 9th-College
OBT’s PhotoArt Encounter is an excellent opportunity for high school and college students studying the visual arts to draw directly from the figure. The program invites students to observe OBT dancers taking class then draw or sketch the dancers. PhotoArt Encounter experiences are generally either at Keller Auditorium or Newmark Theatre. Students participating in PhotoArt Encounter receive unprecedented exposure to athletes in the process of training.
On select dates students may combine PhotoArt Encounter with the Student Performance Series for a discounted rate. The Student Performance Series is an opportunity for students to see fully produced ballet works by OBT company artists directly after their PhotoArt Encounter experience. Both the PhotoArt Encounter and the Student Performance Series last about an hour with a 30 minute break between the two.
PhotoArt Encounter students are invited to utilize OBT’s photo archives to gain inspiration from the artistic medium of ballet.
The PhotoArt program was developed in 1990 as a means of extending the possibilities for students’ exposure to the dance arts. Students wishing to display artwork may be included in an exhibit in the Newmark lobby during OBT’s Summer Performances, June 5-13.
2019|20 PhotoArt Encounter
- Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 12:00pm
- Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:00pm
- Thursday, October 10 2019 at 10:00am (Student Performance at noon)
George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker®
- Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 12:00pm
- Friday, December 6, 2019 at 12:00pm
The Sleeping Beauty
- Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 12:00pm
- Friday, February 14, 2020 at 12:00pm
- Friday, February 21, 2020 at 10:00am (Student Performance at noon)
- Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 12:00pm
- Friday, April 10, 2020 at 10:00am (Student Performance at noon)
Duration: 1 hour | $4.00 per person
Header image: “Synchronized” by Malia Hee (St. Mary’s Academy). Digital photography, Lightroom, Photoshop – 10×35″