PhotoArt Encounter | 9th-College
OBT’s PhotoArt Encounter provides an opportunity for high school and college students studying the visual arts to work directly from the figure. The program invites students to observe the OBT dancers in their company class and/or rehearsal, and draw or photograph them with unprecedented exposure to athletes in the process of training.
The PhotoArt program was developed in 1990 as a means of extending the possibilities for students’ exposure to the dance arts. Annually, some 300 students studying the visual arts participate in the program, either at OBT’s home studios or in the major theaters in downtown Portland during company performance runs. The student-generated artwork is exhibited annually in a public showing.
2018|19 PhotoArt Encounter
- Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 11:45 am – 1:00 pm
- Friday, October 5, 2018 at 12:15 pm – 1:30 pm
- Thursday, December 6 or Friday the 7th, 2018 – time TBD.
- Thursday February 14 or Friday, February 15 at 12:15-1:30
- Thursday, April 11 at 12:15-1:30
- Thursday, June 6 at 12:15-1:30
Duration: 1 hour | $4.00 per person
Header image: “Synchronized” by Malia Hee (St. Mary’s Academy). Digital photography, Lightroom, Photoshop – 10×35″