Patron Services Representative
The Patron Services Representative (PSR) is a front-line ambassador for Oregon Ballet Theatre (OBT) and responsible for ensuring that all visitors receive the highest level of customer service upon visiting our studio and offices or while engaged as a representative for OBT. The PSR is primarily tasked with processing the purchase of subscriptions and/or single tickets. Internal contacts are with the ticket office staff and occasionally with staff members of other departments. Customer service is handled via telephone, email, or in person. The PSR regularly handles sensitive information regarding ticket sales and customer information. The PSR reports to the Patron Services Manager.
- Receives and processes ticket orders for season subscriptions and single tickets.
- Provides outstanding customer service – by phone, email and in person – at all times to subscribers, single ticket buyers, donors, and all other Oregon Ballet Theatre constituents.
- Develops relationships with patrons and donors to improve their experiences and exceed their expectations.
- Answers general questions from patrons regarding productions, seating, directions to venues, and other related information.
- Follows all protocols and procedures regarding the handling of cash, checks, credit cards, and gift certificates to ensure accountability for daily payment activity.
- Works in performance venues when scheduled, handling will-call tickets, customer service issues and walk-up sales.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude with consideration for others.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 1 year experience of working in customer service.
- Strong communication skills.
- Skill in basic operation of Tessitura CRM system, or ability to learn.
- Ability to analyze information, apply basic math skills and concepts to solve problems.
- Skill in organizing time and projects to balance competing demands.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Products (Word, Excel, etc.).
- A commitment to advancing and modeling diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Experience or interest in the performance arts preferred.
OBT is committed to a diverse, racially and culturally-inclusive, and equitable workplace in which differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences, and contribute to our collect strengths. We seek to understand, acknowledge, and mitigate inequities in ballet in general, and at OBT specifically.
Across our organization, OBT is committed to creating a culture characterized by the following: Kind. Positive. Solution-Oriented. Gratitude. Candid. Forgiving. Learning. Trust. Teamwork. Diverse. Equitable and Inclusive. Ambassadors. Accountable.
As part of our commitment to equity, OBT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals who are differently-abled to perform the primary responsibilities of this job.
OBT conducts background checks after a conditional offer of employment is made. OBT reviews the results of each background check individually and assesses them on a case-by-case basis for context and relevance to a job.
This job operates in a busy, sometimes crowded, occasionally loud, and fast-paced setting, including a professional office, dance studio, and large public theaters. During COVID, much work has been conducted remotely offsite. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear; and must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
The OBT Box Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is a 20-hour a week part-time position which occasionally requires after hours and weekend work in the Keller Auditorium and Newmark Theatre box office locations. Hours may be flexible with approval from Patron Services Manager. There is a possibility for some work from home hours/hybrid schedule during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Travel is minimal and is local (between OBT office, Keller Auditorium, and Newmark Theatre).
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is compensated at $17.00 hourly.