OBT Gala Coordinator
WHO WE ARE
This is an exciting time to work at Oregon Ballet Theatre (OBT), one of the nation’s leading ballet companies. We are emerging from the pandemic in a position of strength and well-positioned for the future. We are financially solid and debt free. Our Board is actively engaged in oversight and stewardship. Our 250 employees are committed and energized. Programmatically, OBT is robust. Our professional company of 27 dancers perform a season of five shows featuring both classical and contemporary work. OBT2, our junior company, boasts dancers of exceptional talent. Our nationally renowned School trains 300 students from across the county. And our community education program reaches thousands of students in classrooms across Oregon.
OBT is supported by an actively engaged Board, respected executive leadership, 250 committed and talented staff, healthy finances, and a pre-pandemic budget approaching $9 million. For more information, recent news, and a full job description, information, visit: www.obt.org.
OBT is committed to the vitality of ballet as an art form that is accessible to everyone. We seek people who have lived, volunteer and/or have professional experience partnering, communicating, and engaging with communities of color, including Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and other communities.
The part-time Gala Coordinator will be the project coordinator for OBT’s annual gala raising over $500,000 on February 25, 2023, at the Keller Auditorium. The position will be the liaison with and between our development staff, gala committee members, Event Producer, Executive Director and Artistic Director to ensure that project timelines are met, assignments are completed, communication is clear and consistent, and follow-up is timely. Primary duties include:
• Serve as the primary support person leading up to, during and after the event in close collaboration with the staff, Board, volunteers and contract event producer
• Manage the event timeline from planning through implementation and follow-up
• Liaise with P5 staff and volunteers to comply with union house rules and requirements
• Manage the creation of the save the date and invitation in concert with staff and volunteers
• Draft copy for directional signage, reminder and confirmation emails, social media posts to be reviewed and approved by a team of staff and board members
• Coordinate drafts and proofs with the graphic designer and place print orders to printer
• Correspond with guests regarding meal choices and seating preferences
• Review incoming registration data daily to support accurate and timely data entry and precise reporting by the Development Associate
• Serve as a concierge by staffing the registration and checkout and/or giving tables on the day of the event
• Coordinate volunteer recruitment and manage the volunteer schedule
• Train volunteers on day-of-event for tasks including greeting, check-in, directions and coordinate with auctioneer to train volunteers on paddle raise support and spotting
• Coordinate volunteer meals on the day of the event
• Communicate to primary relationship managers with any questions regarding sponsorship, and pre-commitments
• Setup and manage event registration platform in collaboration with the Event Producer
• Ensure all event supplies are gathered and arrive to the venue in advance of the event including printed materials such as table tents and bid cards
• Provide administrative for pre-event communications and day of support in the form of mail merging, printing, collating, folding, stuffing
2+ years’ experience in fundraising event coordination. Customer service experience and ability to problem solve. Skilled in Microsoft Office programs, Google Suite, registration software and databases. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Quick-thinking, a solution-oriented approach, great organizational skills, strong written and verbal communications in the English language, and tact and diplomacy are essential.
$2,500. per month from August 1, 2022 – March 31, 2023, for an average 20 hours per week (less earlier, and more as the event nears).
Email cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled. A full job description can be obtained HERE.