Title: Major Gifts Manager, Institutions
Position Status: Full-Time; Exempt; Benefits-Eligible
Date: October 2022
Under the supervision of the Development Director, the Major Gifts Manager, Institutions leads the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of foundation, corporate, and government funders and prospects giving a total of $1 million annually. This position operates as a frontline fundraiser, relationship manager, and project manager for the institutional funder pipeline identifying and cultivating new prospective funders through active portfolio management, and ensuring all reporting and benefits are fulfilled. This position is an external-facing representative of the organization with donors, stakeholders, and artists at OBT performances, events, and functions.
• Actively manage a portfolio of prospective and recurring foundation, corporate, and government funders; ensure regular communication, and conduct in-person and virtual visits to build strong, sustainable funder relationships with organizational leadership.
• Develop strategic institutional prospect plans in consultation with development director, executive leadership, and board of trustees.
• Steward relationships with existing institutional partners, securing and coordinating pertinent information and meetings, and developing effective relationships with stakeholders
• Oversee cross-departmental collaborators to ensure new and existing funding opportunities align with strategic organizational goals; lead the development, drafting, submission, and presentation of funding proposals, and fulfill reporting requirements ensuring project deadlines and obligations are met.
• Identify, cultivate, and solicit annual corporate and event in-kind support.
• Research and identify new sources of private and corporate foundation funding.
• Maintain grants activity calendar with deadlines for proposals and reports as well as relationship management activity.
• Maintain all donor database records related to foundation, corporate, and government giving, including tracking of prospective relationships.
• Oversee the Development Associate’s execution of institutional funder recognition, corporate partner benefit deliverables, and highly personalized gift acknowledgments.
• Ensure effective utilization of Tessitura CRM database to maximize its impact on institutional funder relationship management, with particular attention to relationship mapping, and active executive and board portfolio management.
• Partner with the Director of Finance and Operations to ensure accurate grant program budgeting, reporting, and fulfillment.
• Collaborate with Development Associate and marketing department to produce creative communications collateral for institutional funders.
• Contribute to a culture where diversity, equity and inclusion are celebrated in achieving organizational goals.
• Actively participate in diversity, equity and inclusion cohort trainings and sessions.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
• 3-5+ years institutional fundraising experience with a proven history of grant proposal development and funder relationship management required.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Exceptional people skills and a high degree of professionalism combined with the ability to influence, build consensus, and productively engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Ability to work both independently without close oversight and a collaborator who will productively interact with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the organization.
• Strong organizational, analytical, strategic-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent time and project management skills; ability to multi-task and pivot priorities within a dynamic work environment.
• Demonstrated expertise utilizing a CRM database system for relationship management. Experience with Tessitura preferred.
• Professional experience in the performing arts and enthusiasm for ballet and dance preferred.
• Highly adept in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
• Commitment to advancing racial diversity, equity, and inclusion. Experience partnering with people of color, including Black, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, and other communities.
OBT is committed to a diverse, racially, and culturally inclusive, and equitable workplace in which differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences, and contribute to our collective strength. We seek to understand, acknowledge, and mitigate inequities in ballet in general, and at OBT specifically.
Across our organization, OBT is committed to creating a culture characterized by the following: Kind. Positive. Solution-Oriented. Gratitude. Candid. Forgiving. Learning. Trust. Teamwork. Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive. Disagree Well. Compassionate. Ambassadors. Accountable.
As part of our commitment to equity, OBT will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals who are differently abled to perform the primary responsibilities of this job.
OBT conducts background checks after a conditional offer of employment is made. A background check finding does not automatically preclude employment. OBT reviews the results of each background check individually and assesses them on a case-by-case basis for context and relevance to a job.
This job operates in a shared professional workspace in our Bancroft Offices which includes rehearsal studios, as well as in large public theaters during season performances. much work is conducted remotely offsite.
This is a full-time 40-hour per week position that regularly requires extended hours and weekend work. Flexible scheduling of work hours is an option.
This salaried position starts at $60,000. – 65,000. and is provided full benefits, including: employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; and 25 days off annually (15 days PTO and 10 holidays). In addition, employees may elect and self-fund the following benefits: 403(b) retirement plan; short-term and/or long-term disability insurance; flexible spending account for health-related expenses and/or childcare; and additional life insurance.
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the position will remain open until filled. A full job description can be obtained HERE.